About the journal
Plasma Physics and Technology Journal is a scientific journal published by Department of Physics of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of Czech Technical University in Prague. The journal covers a spectrum of experimental and theoretical topics of both a fundamental and applied nature that contribute to the understanding of phenomena related to plasma. Our aim is to be a high quality journal, which will supply the recent approach to the field of plasma physics and technology.
Our articles are indexed, open submission and peer reviewed.
Peer Review Process
Plasma Physics and Technology welcomes original experimental and theoretical papers of both a fundamental and applied nature that contribute to the understanding of phenomena related to plasma. To detect plagiarism and check submitted contributions, the editors use SimilarityCheck tool.
All papers are first assessed by the editorial board, and accepted ones are then reviewed by at least two independent reviewers in single blind review process. Reviewers are asked to recommend papers of particularly high importance, which they consider significant and interesting for the scientific community. The review process is usually completed within four or five months.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
3 isssues per year.
Publication Ethics Principles
The duty of the author:
- is to follows the formal requirements to the contribution according to author guidelines.
- is the quality, originality, and completeness of the published data, which make it possible to repeat the experiment.
- are using of correct citation and the primary sources statement of cited information and data.
- is ensuring that co-authors of the articles are all of those and only those, who contributed to the article.
- is to state the corresponding author, who is responsible for communication regarding the article and with all co-authors.
- is warranting that the published work is original and it does not content any illegal content, or any other content that is protected with copyrighting rules.
- is to confirm, that the work was sent exclusively to the PPT journal and was not sent for publication elsewhere; and in the case, the work will be accepted to publication in PPT journal, it will not be submitted elsewhere.
- to confirm that all commercial interests, patent-licensing etc. that could be a subject of financial conflict related to the submitted article have been disclosed.
- The authors have the non-exclusive right to do anything with their work but they are obliged to cite the original publication.
- The authors grant CTU in Prague a license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store this work in all forms. In cases where a manuscript is not accepted, this agreement shall be voided.
- All authors confirm that DOI has been included to all cited references wherever available.
The authors shall follow the international standards stated in the COPE document: Responsible research publication: international standards for authors.
To detect plagiarism and check submitted contributions, the editors use SimilarityCheck tool.
The duty of the reviewer:
- Is to agree on writing a review guarantees his/her expertise and independence and meeting the fixed deadlines.
- Is to handle information included in submitted yet-unpublished contribution as confidential content and guarantees that s/he will not hand it over to any third party or use it to his/her personal benefit.
- Is to write a review so that it helps the author to improve the quality of their work.
- If he/she founds out a possible conflict of interests or has a reasonable suspicion of plagiarism regarding the contribution, reports this fact to the editors.
The reviewers shall follow the COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers.
The duty of the editor:
- Is to handle all information, manuscripts and reviews as confidential materials and not to disseminate it outside the editorial board.
- Is to guarantee the anonymity of reviewers and authors (double blind review).
The editors shall follow the COPE Code of Conduct for Journal Editor.